It is with eagerness and gratitude that I grasp this opportunity to pay tribute to Vaz Preparatory School on the occasion of its celebration of fifty years as an educational institution. God has granted me the gift of three precious children, and I have sent all three of them to Vaz Prep for their primary education. Our reasons for choosing Vaz are simple but consistent with what we believe. They are that Vaz Prep:
- Promotes Christian values and virtues and stresses these in all of its programmes.
- Provides a sound basic education in foundational areas of learning at this level.
- Enrolls students from a wide cross-section of the society, and therefore is not socially exclusive in terms of its student population.
- Provides an educational environment that, in addition to the academics, allows students to explore their talents in sports, music, dance and other forms of cultural expression.
- Fosters wholesome habits and insists on various routines that assist children in developing the self-discipline essential to success in life.