Keynotes/Public Lectures Graduations Motivational General
Miller is known internationally as an educator. In Jamaica and the Caribbean he also well known as a public speaker. Over the course of his long public career, he has delivered more than two thousand speeches. Audiences have been large and small: in cities; inner-cities and suburbs; big and small towns; rural and remote rural areas. Because of his preferred extemporaneous style, the vast majority of these speeches were not written and were not recorded. Excerpts of several were reported in the press or media. The common purpose of speeches was to inform, inspire, challenge and persuade. Each speech was tailored to the audience being addressed. Below is a List of a few speeches. As more are retrieved they will be added.
A LIST OF ALL SPEECHES
- The Caribbean Male in Perspective: 1996 Annual General Meeting Caribbean Family Planning Associations.
- Quality Education: An Investment in Human Potential. Jamaica Teachers Association’s Annual Conference 1997
- Quality Primary Education: A National Challenge. Jamaica Teachers Association Conference on Primary Education 1997
- Celebrating the Past and Building the Future. Jamaica Teachers Association Annual Conference 2012
- Education for a Caribbean Mindset. Inaugural Eric Downie Memorial Lecture Sept 2009.
- Secondary Education in the Caribbean: A 21st Century Perspective. Caribbean Association of Principals of Secondary School Biennial Conference 2011.
- The Church and Its Impact on Nation Building: Real or Imagined? 60th Anniversary Lecture Bethel Baptist Church, 2015.
- CXC and Jamaica: A Symbiotic Relationship. 40th Anniversary Lecture, Jamaica 2013.
- A Caribbean Vision: the Launch of NRENs of Caribnet.
- Mission: The New Environment. Jamaica Baptist Union First Mission Agency Conference
- Are the Traditional Roles of Teachers of Teachers Unions Changing?
- The Changing Position of Men in Society. Conference on Violence, Self and Young Males Conference 1993 Trinidad. Regional Policy Conference.
- Empowering the Caribbean Man: Living a Legacy. Caribbean Men’s Conference
- The Caribbean Single Market and Economy” Its Implications for Teachers and Teacher Education in the Caribbean. Caribbean Union of Teachers Annual General Meeting Round Table 2006
- Living in Freedom: Reflections. Emancipation Lecture 2000: Calvary Baptist Church Montego Bay Jamaica
- Teacher Education in the Caribbean: The Power of the Marginalized. Frank Klassen Lecture: International Council for Education of Teachers (ICET) World Congress 2016
- Sustaining 21st Century Teachers: Raising the bar. Teacher Education Conference Belize 2014
- Gender and Education for All: St Andrew High School 80th Anniversary Education Conference
- Education Transformation and Teacher Education in Jamaica: The Norma Darlington Founder’s Day Lecture 2013
- The JMBS 175 Years: Work in Education – George Liele Lecture 2017
- Teacher Education in the Commonwealth Caribbean: Challenges and Prospects – Belize 2010
- Archbishop Samuel Carter Distinguished Lecture 2019
- Caribbean Migration to North America: Tenth Anniversary Conference of the Caribbean Research Center, Medgar Evers College, 1997. Closing Address: Looking at the Outcomes.
- The History of the Baptist Church in Education & the liberation of the Jamaican people: 140th anniversary of the Zion Hill Baptist Church.
- Choose You this Day: Jamaica College Graduation 2013
- Yet I Rise. Knox High School Graduation
- UWI 2012 Graduation Address – Humanities and Education
- You can Still Achieve Your Dreams: Mutual Life Assurance Company Retreat
- A Salute to Vaz Prep from a Grateful Parent: 50th Anniversary
- Half-Way-Tree Elementary (now Primary) School and the Miller Family: 90th Anniversary
- Tribute and Challenge to Colleague Teachers. Ardene High School Teacher’s Day 1990
- Nothing without Hard Labor: York Castle High School Past Student Association New York