- Nature and Needs of Educational Administration in the Commonwealth Caribbean
- Special Education in the Commonwealth Caribbean
- Gender and the Democratization of Caribbean Society
- Teacher Education: The Partnership between UWI and Teachers Colleges
- Partnership for Computer Assisted Instruction
- A Review of OECS Education
First published in Caribbean Journal of Education Volume 12 No 3 1987 Pp 274-282
This paper is a Report on Special Education in the Commonwealth Caribbean. It provides a brief sketch of the antecedents of in the region and looks at the constraining conditions in providing special education. It records the system of classification of special needs that have been employed and identifies the increasing trend within the region of governments becoming involved in special education in the training of teachers in special education and secondly in incorporating special schools in the public system of schooling along with the provision of necessary support services.