After demitting office as Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Miller’s services and involvement were sought by several international bodies and groups. Since then his international involvements have included the following:
- Consultancy services related to feasibility studies, project design, project monitoring and project evaluation. Agencies that have contracted his services include Canadian International Development Agency, Caribbean Development Bank, European Union, Inter-American Development Bank, International Development Research Centre, UNESCO, United Nations Development Programme, and USAID.
- Being the Caribbean member of the Research Review and Advisory Group established in 1977 by International Development Research Centre in 1977 to assess the status of education research in developing countries. This Group produced several state of the art reviews and other publications related to this subject.
- Being the Caribbean member of the Education for All Forum established in 1995 to monitor progress on World Declaration on education for all by World Conference on Education for all in Jomtien, Thailand in 1990. In 1996 he as elected Alternate Chairman of the Forum. At the World Forum on Education for All in Dakar, Senegal in March 2000 Miller chaired the final session of the Conference and presented the Framework for Action to be achieved by 2015 and which was approved by Ministers of Education of over 170 countries across the world.
- External Examiners for Masters and Ph.D. theses of students from several Commonwealth universities. This includes being an external examiner of a Higher Doctorate awarded by the Institute of Education, London University. The London University criteria for being appointed an external examiner for a Higher Doctorate is possession of a Higher Doctorate or being generally regarded as a leading authority in the world in the particular field.
- External reviewer of academics being considered to be promoted to the rank of Professor in several Commonwealth universities.
- Referee for articles submitted to national, regional and international academic journals, especially journals published in the Caribbean and Commonwealth.